- 1 can of tuna (in brine)
- ½ can of champignon mushrooms
- 1 large egg
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat the AirFryer to 180 degrees.
- Drain the water/brine from the tuna.
- Chop the mushrooms into very small pieces
- Put tuna and mushroom in a bowl, add the egg, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Mould into palm-sized patties.
- Cook for 7 minutes, till patties are golden brown.
For non-AirFryer users, you can also cook the patties in a well-oiled saucepan over medium heat, for about 3 to 4 minutes for each side.
Tip for parents:
Patties are an awesome way to “hide” those veggies and get kids to eat them! You can add carrots, potatoes, spring onions or onions to this patties (vegetables chopped finely or grated) – and your kids will be none the wiser!
Apart from tuna, you can use beef, pork or chicken mince, or even crab meat!
An extremely versatile side-dish – and one that fits well into the kids’ lunchboxes as well!